Fueled by creativity and efficiency
Staples & Associates was founded as an advertising firm in Wisconsin in 1976. Throughout the years we worked with many different clients from private to state and federal government. In 1998, our marketing expertise took us to California where we assisted utilities and local governments with the marketing of Energy Efficient Mortgages. Our firm then expanded into direct installation services, and in 2007 we received our electrical contractor’s license and started Staples Energy as a full-service direct installation company. We now offer energy efficiency program design and implementation as well as income-qualified weatherization.
Our marketing-based approach led to direct installation of energy efficiency measures in tens of thousands of residences and businesses throughout California and Wisconsin. We have designed and implemented programs in which our own fully-licensed staff handles the installation of a variety of energy efficiency measures including lighting, HVAC and refrigeration. We have run a very successful contractor-driven approach where contractors (trade allies) are incentivized on a per-measure basis. Incentive payments cover the initial assessment, outreach, and installation of measures. By thinking like a trade ally, we have been able to engage contractors that did not traditionally participate in utility programs.
Our team has served a range of clients and programs specifically in the Small Business Direct Install area, including but not limited to:
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy Small Business Program
- Ameren Illinois ActOnEnergy Small Business Direct Install Program
- Ameren Illinois Small Facilities Direct Install Program
- PG&E Business Direct Install Program
- PG&E Energy Partners Low Income Energy Efficiency Program
- PG&E Energy Watch Partnership Program (residential and commercial direct install)
- PG&E Moderate Income Direct Install Program
- California Department of Courts & Rehabilitation Facilities direct install
- California Community Colleges direct install
- California Department of General Services direct install
- California Department of Community Services & Development Low-Income Weatherization Program
- Southern California Edison Golf Course Energy Efficient Pumping Program
- Palm Desert Golf Course Energy Efficiency Program
- Southern California Edison Local Government Partnerships
- Pasadena Water and Power's Water & Energy Direct Install Program (WeDIP)
- San Diego Gas & Electric Business Energy Solutions Program
See how we can help your small business succeed.
Call today! 800-827-1890