Last Updated: July 22, 2022
At Staples Energy we recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to processing it reasonably and in compliance with applicable law. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with a particular consumer or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or de-identified or aggregated information.
- How we collect personal information
- What personal information we collect
- How we use the personal information we collect
- How we share the personal information we collect
- Your choices regarding your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- How to contact us for questions
I. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may have collected personal information:
- From you: When you set up an account with Staples Energy or interacted with us regarding your account. This may be collected by phone, mail, text, email, or through partners who provide or deliver services on our behalf.
- From third parties: We work with third parties such as utility companies, service providers, contractors, or market researchers who assist us in providing services.
- From other sources: We may supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including offline data providers.
II. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Staples Energy does not collect any “Sensitive Personal Information” as defined under California law. We have collected the following categories of personal information in the last twelve months:
- Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, email address, account username, IP address, phone number, signature or other similar unique identifiers. We use this information to provide you with services and to otherwise communicate with you.
- Payment Information. We use this information to process payments for our services. We do not, however, collect or store payment card information.
- Commercial Information, such as records of personal property, products or services obtained or considered, or information related to purchasing history. We use this information to better understand your use of our services and for our internal business purposes.
- Business Contact Information, including information relating to your role as a representative or agent of a company or business, such as your work title and contact information. We use this to conduct business with you and provide you with services and otherwise communicate with you.
III. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect to better serve you and fulfill your orders. Some examples include:
- Communicating with you regarding our services and other products or services that may be of interest to you
- Providing services or products to you
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Complying with a valid warrant, subpoena, or court order or exercising or defending legal claims or otherwise complying with our legal obligations
- Developing and implementing marketing and outreach plans
- Enabling service providers to provide related services or products for business purposes consistent with Staples Energy’s commercial and contractual relationships, or to comply with Staples Energy’s legal obligations, subject to appropriate confidentiality and security requirements
- For any other business or lawful purpose reasonably anticipated within the context of our relationship with you
- For any purpose for which we obtained your consent
We will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which the information is processed or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Secure disposal methods are used when information is no longer needed. If you wish to request that we no longer retain your personal information, please contact us using the methods described in the “Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information” section below.
IV. HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not rent, lease, or sell your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your information:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal information with third-party service providers under contract with Staples Energy to help us provide services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal information and our purpose for doing so:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information in accordance with agreements with utility companies and other service providers.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Staples Energy, our users, or others.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of our website or successor database
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers
V. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you are not authorized to use our website. Please contact us if you have concerns regarding the potential collection of your child’s information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requirements per the requirements of California law.
- You can request a copy of the personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can request that we correct or delete your personal information. If we do not delete your personal information for reasons under applicable law, we will notify you of our decision and rationale.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please email email@example.com or call us at 877-541-9909. In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act we may ask you to provide documentation to verify your identity. To expedite any request, we ask that you provide your:
- First name*
- Last name*
- Middle initial
- Email address
- Phone number
* required field
VI. HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. We will make any legally required disclosure of any unauthorized access to your personal information.
VII. HAVE QUESTIONS?