Join our team by becoming a Trade Ally (TA) for Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Small Business Direct Install (SBDI) Program. The SBDI Program offers energy management solutions to qualified business owners including linear LED retrofits and walk-in and reach-in cooler motor and control upgrades.
What is a Trade Ally?
A TA is any partner-contractor participating in the SBDI Program. The typical role of a TA is to contact eligible business customers to notify them of available energy management initiatives, then install energy-reducing products and equipment in their facility.
Trade Ally benefits
- Receive incentives directly to reduce project costs and help you sell more projects
- Grow your business by increasing sales and installation of other energy efficient products
- Provide value-added services to your current and future customers
- Save time with a streamlined online process that combines a customer savings report with the incentive application
Must be a qualified and certified Pacific Gas and Electric Company Energy Efficiency Trade Professional
Must be a licensed California contractor for at least 12 consecutive months, holding a minimum of a C10 license and have a local working office in the specific partnership area applying for
Must have a minimum of (3) commercial customer references for completed projects within the past 12 months in the specific partnership area applying for
Must provide and furnish [at a minimum] the following insurance requirements:
- General liability of $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate for bodily injury, property damage and personal injury
- Workers Compensation in compliance with California labor laws with employer’s liability insurance not less than $1,000,000 for injury or death
- Business auto: not less than $1,000,000 each accident for bodily injury and property damage
- Professional Liability Insurance appropriate to the contractor’s profession. Limit not less than $1,000,000 each claim/$2,000,000 aggregate
Must be able to prove the ability to complete the projects within the program timelines
Must be willing to warranty all work performed for a minimum of (1) year from the date of completion
Project Application Process
The following process is to be followed when submitting projects for the SBDI Program:
- TA submits project scope and savings projections to Staples Energy for project approval. Any project with an incentive level of $7,500.00 or greater will require a site visit by a Staples Energy representative
- Staples Energy will send a Project Installation Agreement (PIA) to the TA with program-adjusted savings as approval for project
- TA will submit PIA to customer. TA to notify Staples Energy of customer acceptance. Staples Energy will reserve funding for this project for a maximum of 35 days (This timeframe is subject to change.)
- Projects are to be completed within 30 days of the date of customer acceptance
- TA is to notify Staples Energy of a completed project by submitting a signed and dated approved Work Order along with an invoice on the TA’s letterhead for the incentive of that project only.
We're excited to help our Trade Allies succeed. Please contact us with any questions.